The 35-acre former farm property was in possession of the Fifer family since the early 1940’s. This property in the Borough of Franklin Park is in an area rapidly developing with upscale housing. Instead of selling her farm for development, however, Penny Fifer decided that the 35-acre property should be retained as open space and available for recreational use by future generations of area residents. Hollow Oak agreed to accept the donation in 1998. Through an agreement with the Sewickley Hunt Club, the land is available for horseback riding and fox hunting (the dogs follow a scent that has been laid down). The Club mows the large open fields in the autumn, and the undisturbed field grasses during the spring and summer provide excellent cover and nesting habitat for migratory birds.